JBL GT-BassPro12 Review
JBL GT-BassPro12 Review
In this article we are going review the JBL GT-BassPro12 an All-in one 12 inch subwoofer from JBL. If you are not familiar with the all-in-one category it consists of the subwoofer, enclosure, and amplifier all built in to the same package.
So the question is:
Are you looking for a easy to install, fairly in-expensive way to add a ton of bass to your system? We are going to tell you why the JBL GT-BassPro12 is the right choice.
You might have guessed based on the JBL badge that this package has great sound and is made of great quality. JBL has been making great products for quite a long time. They are one of the top audio manufacturers today.
Alright, enough about the company and on with the JBL GT-BassPro12 Review:
The JBL GT-BassPro12 is a complete subwoofer system for your vehicle that delivers high-output, low-distortion bass, as well as a cool looking design. It has plenty of punch and power that soon gets the bass pounding through the vehicle. The built-in 150W RMS amplifier has a remote level control to easily make adjustments to the bass level while staying in the driver’s seat. The subwoofer is engineered by JBL so you are guaranteed to get a high-quality piece of audio equipment. Plus, the system is protected by two silver bars to minimize the risk of damage while stored with other items in the rear of a vehicle.
Features You’ll Value:
Perfect all-in-one system:
The GT-BassPro12 is a feature-rich car audio subwoofer system with plenty of desirable qualities. Here are a few of the most appealing features:
12 inch (305 mm) polypropylene cone
The GT-BassPro12 is built with a rubber surround and polypropylene cone to give natural, powerful and tight-sounding bass and super reliability.
- Built-in amplifier: The built-in 150W RMS amplifier is perfectly paired with the subwoofer system for high-quality and maximum performance. With no need to search for a complementing amp, you are certain to get perfect sound from this all-in-one package.
- Remote level control:Enjoy uninterrupted driving; the GT-BassPro12 is built to function with the convenience of a remote level control to make adjustments from the driver’s seat.
- Progressive spider:The subwoofer’s progressive spider has the ability to control the cone’s motion to ensure a high level of reliability is provided at all times no matter the listening level.
- Vented polepiece:To avoid issues with heat, the GT-Basspro12 is built with a vented polepiece which helps with lower power compression and better power handling.
- Slipstream port:The GT-BassPro12 has a proprietary Slipstream port that is an effective solution to maintain distortion-free performance even when played at high output.
- Speaker-protection bars:The GT-BassPro12 is built with a sleek, muscular look with its oversized speaker-protection bars (silver powder-coated) that make sure the woofer cone is safe and protected from items in the luggage/storage area.
- Automatic on/off function:The subwoofer is designed to automatically switch on/off when the right signal is sensed for easier use and operation.
- Great subwoofer for the cost
- Hard hitting bass
- Easy to control, especially with the remote
Auto on/off switch
- Plenty of clarity, punch, and power
- Easy to install
- Doesn’t hit low notes as strong or loud as a stand alone subwoofer. Of course this is only 300 watts.
- Slightly bulky for certain car models
- No specific tuning frequency for the port/enclosure
- On loud, the mirrors can start to vibrate – This could be seen as a positive if you enjoy this.
All around, the GT-BassPro12 powered subwoofer is great with its deep, clear and loud bass. It is relatively easy to install by those with basic knowledge. JBL has created a wonderful all in one set that not only looks fresh sitting in the trunk, but also has the built-in amp and remote control that everyone can easily benefit from. Overall, it sounds great, and there is no need to search for individual components to get set up for the highly impressive sound system in the vehicle.
So if you want an easy, fairly inexpensive all in one setup. This is an amazing product. Get yours today.Buy Now on Amazon!