Kicker 10C84 8-Inch Subwoofer Review
|Product Name:||Kicker 10C84|
The Kicker 10C84 sub is designed to give you value for your money. A strong bass can add dimension to your sound system and this woofer can give you the feel and sound that won’t make you feel like you have just wasted your dollar on a useless item.
The Kicker sub has a 360-degree polypropylene cone that produces deep bass without distortion. There is a double stitch attached to it to ensure it doesn’t come apart in the middle of an operation. There is also a rough and tough steel basket placed carefully on the woofer to ensure that it takes the heavy bass – even when the bass gets heavy and harder, there is a complete ventilation mechanism in place to ensure long-lasting performance. It is versatile and can easily be added to any enclosure type.
- The unit is backed by a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- This is an 8-inch 4-Ohm subwoofer and there is a very strong, injection-molded cone with 360-degree back bracing on the sub.
- The sub comes with fully ventilated polepieces and high temp coil wire for complete heat dissipation.
- The material used in building this unit includes durable spiraled tinsel and a ribbed surround. These materials are used to ensure that it can be used for an extended excursion and keeping of the cone on target.
- The item is suitable for free-air use.
The Kicker 10C84 comp has a power handling of 50-100 watts of RMS and 200 watts of peak power handling. It has a sensitivity of 85.6 dB and a top mount depth of 4-1/16”. Also, the frequency response rate is 30-500 Hz.
This unit weighs 7 pounds and is 9.4 x 9.4 x 5.6”. However, the shipping weight may be different from the actual weight of the item quoted here.
Most of the reviews of this product are positive with 82% glowing reviews and 11% good reviews and only 7% were jittery of the item. Thus, the subwoofer is a good quality product for complementing your sound system. And one reviewer summarized this be “it took my already premium sound in my expedition and made it so that I didn’t have to get a whole new stereo in order to enhance my bass”.
- The sub is easy to install and there is ease of use too. You don’t have to be a professional with speakers neither do you have to call in an installation service before you can put this together.
- The bass quality of this item is great and even though the speaker is no more than an 8” subwoofer.
- With only slight modifications, this can easily fit in an existing configuration or bracket.
- With the addition of this sub to your expedition, you may not have to purchase a completely new stereo because it will give you the improvement you want in the bass.
Compared with other 8” subwoofers on the market, the max wattage is kinda low. However, with the correct amp and speaker box these will hold their own.
If you are looking for a nice, clean sound or a bass enhancement for your sound system, this is for you.