WordPress database error: [Table 'caraudio_Judge.wp_vfxd_wpsm_tables' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_vfxd_wpsm_tables WHERE id IN (9)
Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/caraudio/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3182
Are you looking for the best 8 inch subwoofer ?
Are you ready to ramp up your vehicle’s sound system?
If you want to jump right in here is a helpful table to help you compare popular 8 inch subwoofers.
Table of Contents
Check out some of the Best 8 inch car audio subwoofers.
|Name/Image||Learn More||Brand||Rating||Size||RMS Watts||Peak Watts||Impedance||Price|
Rockford Fosgate P1S4 8-Inch Subwoofer Review
|Buy On Amazonfull reviews||Rockford Fosgate||8 Inch||200 Watts||400 Watts||4 Ohm||$|
Kicker 10C84 8-Inch Subwoofer Review
|Buy On Amazonfull reviews||Kicker||8 Inch||100||200||4 Ohm||$|
JBL GT0804 Reduced Depth 8 Inch Sub Review
|Buy On Amazonfull reviews||JBL||8 Inch||200 Watts||800 Watts||4 Ohm||$$|
Infinity Reference 860 watt 8-inch subwoofer Review
|Buy On Amazonfull reviews||Infinity||8 Inch||250 watts||1000 watts||4 Ohm||$|
Alpine SWR-8D2 8-inch Subwoofer Review
|Buy On Amazonfull reviews||Alpine||8 Inch||350 Watts||1000 Watts||Dual 2-Ohm||$|
Given that these subs generally don’t cost as much as the 10” and 12” variety, you can certainly worry less about spending top dollar on these items and still get a well rounded audio system.
In fact, some of them can give you the kind of performance you would expect from those 10-inch and 12-inch subwoofers.
In this article, we bring you reviews of the best 8 inch subwoofers you can buy today. We will show you their features, advantages, and disadvantages.
Massive Audio has been around Since 1999. In my opinion they are not very well known to the general public. However, audio enthusiasts will probably have heard of them since they make a great reasonably priced product.
The Hippo-84 fits this description. Excellent subwoofer for an excellent price.
Massive Audio has multiple lines of subwoofer from the ECO to the Gordo Series. Each with its own unique use. The Hippo was created for low bottom end.
- Cast Aluminum basket
- High energy Strontium magnet
- 500 watts RMS
- Dual 4- ohm 3 inch over-sized voice coils.
- Direct input wires
- Large Double stacked magnets
- Stitched edge to cone edge for extra strength
- Great frequency range.
This subwoofer will really surprise you. The ability for this subwoofer to play low frequencies is truly amazing for an 8 inch subwoofer. For what you get at this price point there really isnt much better.
Great quality and features that are seen in larger more expensive subwoofers. Such as the direct connect leads. Double stacked large magnets and more.
Well, i really wish i could list a legitimate negative here. The truth is this thing is a fantastic speaker.
If i had to force myself to give something negative i would probably say its the warranty. They require you to have it installed by a certified installer to get the full year warranty. Unfortunately this is not uncommon for subwoofer manufacturers . You can check the details on there website.
Honestly if you want to purchase one of the best, if not the best, 8 inch subwoofer you really dont need to read any further. You friends will be in awe when they find out you only have an 8 inch subwoofer.
Click the button below to get an 8 inch subwoofer that performs like a 10 inch or 12 inch subwoofer.Buy Now on Amazon!
The Rockford Fosgate P1S4-8 8 inch subwoofer is a solid system that is designed for those who want to get years out of their little speaker. The sub comes with a carefully placed PVC magnet cover for the extra protection.
This is complemented with the steel basket on the Rockford. That feature makes it even better to withstand loud and heavy thumps. And if you listen to loud music for long or regularly host a party, this unit can stand up to the challenge.
The Rockford has flexible tinsel leads that have already been stitched so that you always get a tough, resolute item to stand any violent cone movement. Throw any abuse at it and it will stand firm. The molded polypropylene cones and the poly-foam surround works together to give you accurate responses.
- The Rockford Fosgate 8” subwoofer is backed by 1-year manufacturer’s warranty. Because some items can become faulty early due to factory defects, the maker is willing to accept liability. As long as your item’s fault is within the warranty period, you can either get a free repair, replacement or refund. Sweet!
- The sub can be installed in a ported or sealed box. Whichever of the option is available to you, it will easily fit in. And if you have one that is not listed here, it would make sense to read the product description carefully or ask this question from the manufacturer before you purchase.
- The packaging of the item includes essential items for easy installation. You get the subwoofer along with 8 hex-socket wood screws, a hex driver, and a framing. The addition of hex-screws is a welcome bonus because it lowers the risk of puncturing your new sub when you are tightening with a screwdriver.
- If you want to get an optimal thumping, we recommend Rockford Fosgate Punch 200 Watt amplifier. It has 200 watts RMS @ 4 ohms. Perfect for this sub. Plug them together and you will be satisfied with the results.
- The sub produces good quality sound. It could be compared to that of a 10-inch sub. You can push the sub with more power since the cone is much thicker and solid.
The terminals on the sub are not so great compared to what other similar subwoofers use.
This subwoofer is a good replacement for the factory sub and if you are just bringing your system together, you should like the sound upgrade that will accompany this item.Buy Now on Amazon!
The Infinity Reference 860W subwoofer is a quality sub designed to produce the best performance possibly from an 8 inch subwoofer. It includes components that dissipate heat without sacrificing on the quality of sound. The little speaker requires only a small space to dish out deep, crisp, clean bass.
There is a large-roll rubber surround on the item, which is an essential feature for getting a quick, clean response. It takes out the distortion that passes through the cone and delivers the best sound. The Infinity 860W has vented polepieces that allow enough air to reach and cool the motor for more upgraded power handling.
- The subwoofer is designed with high-gloss polypropylene woofer cone that ensures the sub performs at its pe
- The large-roll rubber surround on this item makes its sound good and clean without any distortion.
- The sub is capable of adding tight, punchy low end to your sound system. This means that that bass you may have been missing from your favorite music will now be clear and crisp for your ears.
The sound quality of this woofer is great. However, the quality of sound may suffer under 8 Hz.
If you are looking for a sub that will give you accurate sonic reproduction with clear, clean, crisp bass and quick response, this speaker will deliver.
This subwoofer can give you a good value for your dollar and can add dimension to your vehicle’s sound system. The Kicker 10C84 comp is designed with a polypropylene cone with 360 degree back bracing for deep and clean bass that is free from distortion.
It can be used in a ported or sealed enclosure and the 4-Ohm impedance means that you can use it on just about any amplifier on the market. The speaker can handle up to 100RMS to bring out the bass you may have been missing from your music for years.
More of the design of this speaker is close to giving you better quality. For instance, a tough steel basket is placed on it to make sure it can handle big bass and its fully vented pole pieces ensure it can deliver long lasting performance.
- The quality of the bass produced when you have the Kicker installed cannot be compared to that which you will get with a factory sub. It will definitely upgrade the sound giving you nice low end.
- The installation is easy and smooth. You don’t need to outsource it since it should take only a few minutes of your time. The sub is lightweight and well constructed, increasing the possibility of using it on a previous setup.
- Many users have reported that this unit performs nicely for an 8 inch subwoofer. You don’t need to be a 12” or 10” fanatic before you can enjoy clean bass.
If you will be buying this to replace a factory sub be sure to check the dimensions. Some have said that they did not fit as a direct replacement.
The Kicker 10C84 is a well rounded 8 inch subwoofer. Paired with the correct enclosure and amplifier this sub will give any 8 inch subwoofer a run for its money.
The GT0804 sub may just fit the bill if you are looking for a speaker to give your tight fitting sound sound system a bass boost. It can be installed anyway you like it, sealed or ported. The sub can easily go in smaller boxes with its low profile design.
The sub is supported by extensive ventilation pieces to keep the internals working properly and improve power handling.
- The recommended amplifier for this subwoofer is an amplifier rated 150-300 watts RMS at 4-Ohms. Get this on the sub and start receiving thumps that will keep you satisfied.
- The sub is capable of hitting hard and deep bass. Just make sure you don’t hit the max volume. Many users have reported that it could result in a headache.
- The subwoofer is very powerful. It can easily handle even 200 watts RMS amplifier if you throw one at it. It may be a perfect replacement for your factory sub because it has a reduced depth to fit in the smaller enclosure.
- There are may people who have replaced the factory subwoofer from a 2002-2004 Toyota Avalon with great success. At a fraction of the cost of a factory replacement it seems to be a clear choice.
- No glaring cons on this one. There are very few people who have stated that this subwoofer failed after a few months.
The JBL GTO804 8 inch subwoofer is mighty for its stature. For a reduced depth sub its kick and clarity is at the top of the list.
Looking for a big, heavy bass for your vehicle? The Alpine SWR-8D2 might just fit the bill.
Alpine SWR-SD2 is one of the speakers that can give you bass just the way you want it. Do you want fat, punchy, loose, or tight bass? This Alpine model is designed to give you one of this, it’s your choice. With this unit, you can take your car’s sound system to the next level, without ever going back.
- The Alpine SWR-SD2 has a dual 2-Ohm for wiring flexibility that is important for making necessary changes to your car. It allows you to make maximum use of your subwoofer.
- From sealed enclosure to ported enclosure, the sub can easily be installed without giving you too much stress.
- The Alpine SWR-8D2 Dual 2-Ohm subwoofer enables you to choose what kind of bass you want to hear and feel.
The sound quality may not be as great as you would expect from an 8 inch subwoofer.
If you are looking for a nice set of subwoofers that are not too expensive or require too much stress to install, the subwoofers in this category are a good match. Even though they are not expensive, there is no compromise in the performance of each of the subs.
Hopefully these reviews have helped you decide what is the best 8 inch subwoofer for your needs. As always, thanks for reading.