Alpine SWR-8D2 8-inch Subwoofer Review
|Product Name:||Alpine SWR-8D2|
|RMS Watts:||350 Watts|
|Peak Watts:||1000 Watts|
The Alpine SWR-8D2 8” sub features a cone with the Kevlar treated pulp material used in making a bulletproof vest. Combined with its solid HAMR Santoprene surround, this thing can give you extensive excursions. The unit can bring the bass to just about any vehicle and is built for that bass protégé that wants the most accurate response without losing that lovely thump. If you are one of those, you can enjoy the two in the same speaker instead of buying and maintaining two. That is good advantage money wise.
- The Alpine SWR-8D2 8-inch sub is backed by a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- The subwoofer has 1000 watts of peak power handling
- This speaker comes with a frequency response of 30-200 Hz and 83.50dB sensitivity and 150-300 watts of RMS (175 watts per coil).
- The top mount depth of this unit is 4-1/2”.
- The woofer cone on the product is reinforced with Kevlar treated paper and HAMR Santoprene rubber surround for a long lasting performance and less distortion in the sound produced.
- The sub has a dual 2-Ohm voice coil for deeper bass and reliable performance.
The Alpine SWR-8D2 8-inch sub weighs 10.5 pounds and is 10.5 x 10.5 x 7.2 inches. The shipping weight is around 10.8 but may be higher because of the other components that will be added during shipping. The reason for this is the shipping weight will be factored in when calculating your shipping fee.
The sealed box volume is 0.15-0.50 cu ft and ported box volume is 0.25-0.70 cu ft.
At the time of writing this review, there are only 5 reviews on this item on Amazon.com. And those reviews were backed with a rating of 4.5 out of 5.0 star rating. 80% of these are raving reviews of this product. With these stats, the sub can easily be grouped among the decent subs in its category. Among the reviewers, one complained that the sub performance is sub-par compared to other 8” subs out there. Otherwise, the rest of the reviewers were happy with their purchase.
- The subwoofer only needs a little box to install on, so it requires a small storage space. This is great if you don’t have a big space to keep the sub.
- If you are looking for a speaker that will shake your windows and rattle your vehicle, this may not be what you are looking for. But if you are content with a nice definition of subtle bass notes, this 8” woofer can deliver. It can pack very punchy bass with so much of a rumble.
- If you listen to Rap and Hip-Pop, this sub can produce deep, a low voice for you. Alternative, if you are a fan of Classic and Metal, the little speaker can handle quick and punchy notes to make your day.
Among those who reviewed this item, is a customer that complained that this sub does not perform as expected and therefore not so good compared to other 8” subwoofers.
This sub pounds, considering that it is an 8” sub available at a decent price. If you are not afraid to drop $100 on a sub, this one can bring the quality bass to your home and drive.