JBL GT0804 Reduced Depth 8 Inch Sub Review
|Product Name:||JBL GTO804|
|RMS Watts:||200 Watts|
|Peak Watts:||800 Watts|
The JBL GTO804 compact sub has a low profile design so that it can fit into smaller boxes to save space. The sub can work well in either ported or sealed enclosure. Once installed, you can enjoy bass just the way you want it.
The sub comes with a cone with a rubber surround that allows you to move the unit around with ease. You get heavy lows that come without distortion. Thanks to the heavy-duty dust cap on the product.
- JBL GTO804 Grand Touring Series is made with polypropylene cone. The cone is with Hi-roll rubber surround.
- The JBL 8” sub has a power range of 50-200 watts RMS and 800 watts of peak power handling.
- The sub has a frequency response rate of 30-400Hz and a sensitivity of 91dB. The mounting depth is 4-3/8”.
- The proprietary frame is used with reduced mounting depth.
- The unit is backed by 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
The JBL GTO804 Reduced Depth 8” sub weighs 10.3 pounds and is 10 x 10 x 10 inches. The shipping weight may different from the actual weight of the item quoted here. The sub has been reported to work great in a sealed box enclosure with .78 cubic feet internal box volume.
Many of the customers who have used this product are happy with their purchase. Many of them are Toyota Avalon users and if you have one, you are getting the best deal for your vehicle.
- This sub is capable of producing very low frequencies. If you are longing for a little speaker that can make very loud low notes, this is it.
- The speaker is efficient. The design of the sub makes it possible to make deep low noise with only a small amount of power. If you want optimal performance, you can use 125 watts RMS rated amp with it because if you go higher, the thing can be too loud.
- This sub can rattle your car. And if you are using it at home, make sure your neighbors can tolerate loud thumbs that will be produced.
- The installation is easy. You can install it yourself if you are savvy. It shouldn’t cost you more than $50 if you want it installed for you. It is better than paying $400 for your local Toyota dealer for the sub, which might not even include installation fee.
The subwoofer may be difficult to install for first timers. And you do need an amp to ramp up the sub to get the full potential.
If you are looking for a little thumb in the trunk that will make your ears stand on end, this car subwoofer comp will deliver. But make sure you remember to turn it down at night if you don’t want your neighbors to go after you.
Equally, you can get the same results if you want to use it in your car. As long as you have the amplifier to go with it, you will get the best performance dubbed for the home.