Rockford Fosgate P1S4 8-Inch Subwoofer Review
|Product Name:||Rockford Fosgate P1S4-8|
|RMS Watts:||200 Watts|
|Peak Watts:||400 Watts|
Do you want to accentuate your car’s sound system? Or you want to add some deep bass to your expedition? The Rockford Fosgate P1S4-8” subwoofer is designed to dish out powerful bass to give your system better performance than before. No need to get a whole new stereo to boost performance.
- The Rockford Fosgate P1S4 is an 8-inch 4 Ohm sub
- There is a molded Polypropylene cone on the sub with a poly-foam surround.
- The subwoofer has 16-guaged steel frames.
- There are 300-watts peak power handling and a 50-150 watts RMS on the sub. This unit also has a 40-250 Hz frequency response and a 4-1/8” top-mount depth.
- The sub is backed by 1-year Manufacturer warranty. So, if anything bad comes up, you can easily return it and get a replacement, your money back, or a free repair. However, this must be within the first year of operating the item to avoid misunderstanding.
- The little speaker packs 2” Copper-clad aluminum voice coil under the hood.
- This unit has the Flex fit basket design and the popular Kevlar Fiber reinforced pulp cone with high-density poly foam surround.
The sealed box volume measurement is 0.2-0.3 cu ft and the ported box volume is 0.65 cu ft.
The sub weighs 6.2 pounds and is 9.8 x 9.8 x 7”. The shipping may be higher than the actual weight of the item quoted here. So, take note.
There is a tone of positivity in user reviews of this item. For many people, this speaker speaks volume and brings more with it than some other expensive 8” subwoofers. However, some still feel it should do more. With a score of 4.7 of 5.0-star rating, this is easily one of the top rated items in its own right.
- For the price of this item, you are getting a nice bargain that is almost rare with any other 8” sub on the market.
- This unit can easily replace and outperform your factory sub. Most reviews do agree with this point.
- The bass produced by the speaker is great and very deep.
- The subwoofer has a nice shallow mount depth and a very small sealed enclosure requirements. You need only a small space to install it.
- The sub can break in as little as two weeks.
The terminals on this item are good but not great, meaning that you may or may not like it. There is a plastic cover that comes with the item’s packaging that may break down if handled with carelessness.
At the time of this writing, there are a 75% glowing ratings on the subwoofer on Amazon.com. Another 13% of the reviews are good while only 12% of the reviews are not so great. With these stats, who would not want to snatch this up?
Unlike many other 8” subwoofer we have reviewed on this website, the Rockford Fosgate 8” sub packs more exciting features and performs well. Although there are some not so great things about the sub, we consider it to be one of the best we have reviewed.